Thursday, February 26, 2009

The warm weather has officially started -- we are all wearing our summer clothes and sweating in the humidity, and it is not even March yet!  Having lived in New England for most of my life, I don't think I will ever get used to this!


It does have its benefits, though.  Yesterday on the way to Ash Wednesday mass, we saw a cherry tree in bloom, and the daffodils, those cheery harbingers of Spring, have been out for a couple of weeks already.



 image by fleecetraveler from flickr

Today has been a slow day.  After caring for a sick husband for the past week and having two nights in a row with very little sleep and no nap, I have not been up to much beyond the basics and playing with Daniel.  I did manage to get some bread together, continuing my flirtation with rye flour.  This batch is made from my fall-back bread recipe with the substitution of 1/2 cup rye flour for some of the white/wheat.  We shall see how it comes out -- it certainly smells wonderful, and it hasn't even started baking yet!

Daniel is, as always (ok, usually), a delight.  His uneaven bottom front teeth give him the most adorable lopsided smile, and he is enjoying the range of sounds he can now make.  This afternoon we had a little conversation.  He would make a sound and I would echo it back to him, back and forth for about ten minutes.  He can also move with astonishing speed around the living room, and has developed an interest in venturing down the hall!  I have to keep a close eye on him even more than ever!

1 comment:

  1. PS: I am still trying to figure out how to format things on blogger. It would be much easier if I were not computer illiterate. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete