Monday, February 23, 2009

Last week my best friend from college (the maid of honor in my wedding) came to stay with us.  We had a great time, playing with the baby and going out to lunch and talking to all hours of the night.
She left on Saturday and now I am struggling to get back into my household routines.  This process is complicated by the fact that my poor husband has been ill with a fever, head ache, and intermittent stomach pain since Friday, and last night Daniel started having trouble eating and sleeping.  He has scarcely nursed all day, and has only napped for 10 minutes since 7 am after an interrupted night of sleep.  He does not have a temperature, fortunately, so I am hoping he does not have the same virus as his father.
I have managed to make some progress today, tidying and airing out the bedroom (which had the musty feeling of a sick room) and evicting my husband from the bed long enough to straighten the sheets and fix up the pillows, baking bread (rye whole wheat, which is the new favorite around here), and doing some laundry.
I am going to try to feed Daniel again, and then set to work disinfecting the door knobs and light switches, and making my shopping list for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment