Monday, February 23, 2009

Meal Plans

Produce:
yellow peppers
cameo apples
oranges
eggplant
sweet potatoes
bananas

Meals:
lentil soup (from the freezer)
beef stew (ditto)
pasta with steamed veggies
chicken soup (x2)
pork roast with roasted sweet potatoes and greens (whatever is on sale)

I also want to bake banana bread with some over ripe bananas from last week and (if things calm down around here) make a Moosewood apple crisp with the cameos which requires orange juice which I will squeeze fresh (we really have a lot of oranges).

I am glad that I have so many things stashed away in the freezer for this week, since between Amos's sickness and Daniel's troubles I really have my hands full.  We also have to make a trip into down town to get a copy of Daniel's birth certificate to take to the airport on our trip to Ohio next month, and my husband has a paper due (he is not going to get it in tomorrow, but hopefully before the end of the week he will be up to writing again), and I have not done the food shop for the week.

We have been praying that God will help us to rely on him more and not be anxious, and he is certainly testing us this week.  I guess that is the danger when you ask God to help improve your character -- he gives you what you ask for!

I am working on a post about Lent, but that will have to wait for another day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment