Monday, February 9, 2009

Produce:
red peppers
green leaf lettuce
apples
bosc pears
broccoli

Meals:
chicken fried rice
potato and egg pie with roasted asparagus (on sale at Sprouts!)
pasta primavera
corn chowder and salad
sausage with sauted peppers and onions
tacos

Today I baked two loaves of bread, one for us and another to give (along with some of the corn chowder and a salad) to some neighbors who recently had a little girl.  I will hopefully have time tomorrow afternoon to bake some lemon squares for them as well.

This weekend my husband and I are going to go out on our first real date since August.  Some other neighbors offered (completely out of the blue) to watch Daniel for the evening so we could go out to celebrate Valentines Day.  We have never been much into Valentines Day (with the notable exception of the year that Amos plotted from Rome to have a friend in New Hampshire give me a dozen roses on his behalf) but free baby sitting is free baby sitting!  I am a little nervous to be leaving the little fellow, since he is exclusively breast fed and has never even tried a bottle, but I think it will be ok.  He has been going to sleep at between 7 and 7:30 and having his first waking between 10 and midnight, so we are going to have an early dinner at home and then go out for dessert.  I am really excited for a chance to dress up without having to think of the logistics of breastfeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment