Thursday, July 23, 2015

{PHFR}

I am joining the ladies at Like Mother, Like Daughter for {pretty, happy, funny, real} for the very first time this week!


Pretty

Look at the red on those radishes!

We have been eating a lot of salads lately, and the proportion of radishes to everything else has been slowly rising.  In addition to being deliciously bitter (my current flavor obsession after my two year fling with everything lemony and tart), they are the most gorgeous color red!  Many of my culinary choices these days are purely aesthetic, I must admit!

Happy

A rambunctious trio
For my kids, happy means a cacophonous trio on the piano with a good friend! The best part about having the electric Clavinova as opposed to a real piano is that I can turn the volume waaaay down so the kids can have their fun without inducing any migraines in Mom!

Funny

I went out with a friend one evening, leaving Amos to put the kids to bed.  When I went to check on D upon arriving home, this is what I found:

Oh, dear

Like any good parent, the first thing I did was snap a picture before tucking him in properly and turning out the light.  When I told my husband about it later, I discovered that the poor child had been like that for some time, since it had not occurred to Amos to remove the book from our sleeping child's face! The difference between mothers and fathers, I guess!

Real

No picture for this one, but my real this week is saying goodbye to my best friend and her family as they head over seas for two years.  We have been best friends since the very first day of freshman year of college, and I will miss her desperately.  She is the friend I trust to watch my kids while I am in labor (and have watched hers), and can call if I am feeling crummy and need someone to keep an eye on things so I can rest.  Our families always spend Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter together.  I am feeling a little adrift thinking of the next two years without her.

At the same time, I am so excited for her and her family as they start this long-awaited and worked for adventure.  This afternoon we said our farewells, and there were definitely tears shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment