Monday, July 13, 2015

Hello, Little Blog...

...I have sadly neglected you for the past, oh, year maybe? Can it have been that long? It wasn't you, it was me -- can you forgive me?
In all seriousness, I haven't had much to write the past year, between being very busy with work, carpool, and housekeeping, and my health/ anxiety issues.  But this summer has been a good break, and this school year I am not working as much (possibly not at all, which has me feeling a bit conflicted), so maybe there is a little space for writing.
Not yet sure what that writing will look like. I am reading again, after a long stretch of not having energy for much beyond blog posts and YA fantasy novels, so maybe I will write about that. My current projects are The Buried Giant for a book club and The Wings of the Dove so I can discuss it with a friend who is planning a dissertation on Henry James. My progress is slow (particularly on the latter), but both are very good so far.

(Here are the kids at Easter -- I don't take enough pictures!)

In the meantime, here is the update: the kids are now 6,4, and 2. The older ones go to Montessori school. D will start the Elementary program in the fall, and A will move up to full day in the primary program, leaving E and me home together for the whole day. Our routine will change pretty dramatically, but I think it will be really good.
My husband is still working for a software company, but is also writing poetry again and hatching some exciting creative plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment