Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Things are starting to wind down a little around here. My husband has handed in his most demanding papers and taken his exam, so we are all a little more relaxed, and I have computer access again!

Even with all of the business, we managed to have a pretty good weekend. Saturday was a baking day for me. I had a sudden overwhelming urge to bake an apple pie, complete with homemade crust, and Daniel was very sweet and played independently while I sliced and cored and rolled.

I wish I had taken a picture of it, since it came out much better aesthetically than my previous pie attempts (which is to say, the top crust was all in one piece, and the edge was crimped in a semi-regular manner) but we were in too much of a hurry to eat it, so here is a picture of Daniel being well behaved instead:

December 2009 008

Then in the evening I baked ginger snaps in preparation for St. Lucy's and Gaudete Sunday.

Some were eaten right out of the oven, some saved to be sent to my grandfather (it has become something of a tradition that I send him ginger snaps for Christmas) and the rest were packaged up...

December 2009 015

..put into a basket...

December 2009 023

...and left anonymously on our neighbors' door steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment