Sunday, December 6, 2009

Redeeming the Time

Today was not the day I had planned.

To start out, I was so tired yesterday evening after a full day of shopping at IKEA that I didn't have the energy to go out again for treats to put in Daniel's shoes from Saint Nicholas.

And, after a night of nursing my little boy, I was too tired to get up early to bake the strawberry scones I had planned for a special breakfast treat.

In fact, I was so tired that Amos took Daniel to the early Mass that we usually go to as a family and let me sleep in till the 11. So we didn't even get to go to church all together.

I have been feeling wretched about this for the past couple of hours, but i have decided to try to salvage what is left of the day and make the evening as pleasant and festive as I can.

This afternoon I will tidy the house and put up a few more decorations.

For dinner I will make my husband's favorite pork chops with onions and apples. We will dim the lights and eat by the light of the Advent wreath and the other candles arranged on the table. I will put a cloth on the table, and real cloth napkins.

In the evening Amos will probably go back to the library to work on his papers (30 pages to write by the end of the week!!!) and so I will make a pot of tea, get out one of my beautiful china tea cups, and work on my knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment