Thursday, October 1, 2009

October Roses


One of the wonderful things about living in Texas is that today, on the feast of St. Therese, I could pick red roses from the bush behind our neighbors' condo to decorate the table and the home shrine.

I got a spray of three full blown roses, for the Trinity, and one tiny bud, for the Little Flower. They are just lovely next to the icon, sprawling out of my white cream pitcher!

Later in the evening, another neighbor knocked on the door and gave me two more roses, one small and red and one sunset yellow, also in honor of the feast day!

On the subject of roses, I got a wonderful book from the library, Pink Ladies and Crimson Gentlemen: Portraits and Legends of 50 Roses, which I have been greatly enjoying. The photography is stunning, and the stories of the creation of the roses and their namesakes is fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment