Sunday, February 21, 2010

I have sat down to update this blog too many times to count over the past...two months? But something always prevents me from posting. First the Christmas rush, with our wonderful, wonderful trip to Massachusetts kept me in the moment, and this past month I have been struggling with morning sickness which, while not nearly as bad as during my first pregnancy, has not been very fun.

So, yes, I am nine weeks pregnant, due at the end of September.

I am happy, of course. This is the fulfillment of months of longing for another child. But at the moment I am tired and sick and not able to run my home or care for my husband and Daniel as I would like. I am working hard to accept my limitations and do what I can, and looking forward to when I can do more.

We went for our first appointment at the birth center a week ago and met the midwife we are going to be primarily working with this time. Her name is Kelly, and she is actually a student midwife under the supervision of Lisa, who supervised at Daniel's birth as well. Kelsey, who birthed D. was very young and not a mother herself, but Kelly has three teenage children of her own, and has been a doula, childbirth educator, and prenatal exercise instructor for years. I loved Kelsey, and trusted her completely, but I am happy to take advantage of Kelly's experience this time.

I am tentatively planning a home birth this time, possibly a water birth, although we will see how things feel a little closer to the event.

We have another appointment with Kelly on March 1, when we will hopefully hear the baby's heart beat for the first time. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment