Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Produce:
Granny smith apples
plums
oranges
roma tomatoes

Meals:
rotisserie chicken (on sale at Kroeger), mashed potatoes, and peas
bulgur stuffed peppers
spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce and salad
chicken and rice stir fry
fish with lemon basil pasta

We had the chicken last night so we could get the sale price on it, and I used the leftovers for chicken salad which we will have for lunches (a nice break from our usual cheese quesadillas).

I have not written in so long because I have been just too tired. It turns out that I have fibromyalgia, which is a fancy way of saying that I am tired and achey all the time and my doctor can't find any other reason for it. She has a medication she wants me to try, but I can't take it while breast feeding, so it is out of the question for the time being. Apart from that, her recommendation is to "relax and get plenty of sleep" -- not easy things to do with an 8-month old baby who has been sick or teething for the past month or so...

My sister in law has moved in with us, and she has been a great help around the house, cooking dinner about once a week, watching the baby so I can get some sleep, and helping me stay on top of the dishes.

For the time being we are all living in our tiny apartment, but we will be getting the key to a bigger place at the end of the week and (after some painting and general preparation) moving before the end of the month!

I have to say, I have mixed feelings about the move. On the one hand, it is so wonderful to have Charity with us, and I really like the new place (right next door to our dearest friends down here!). On the other, I have enjoyed living where we are so much. It is the first place that I have really felt at home since leaving my parents' house.

Oh well. I am sure I will come to love the new place just as much...

No comments:

Post a Comment